Animal Control Officer
181 Governor Stoughton Lane
Milton, Ma 02186
All dogs 6 months and older must be licensed every calendar year. A Current rabies certificate must be brought to the Town Clerk's Office at the Town Hall. The cost per license is $10.00 for a spayed/neutered dog, or $15.00 for an intact dog. Licenses must be obtained by April 15th each year.
Milton by-laws relating to dogs
1. All dogs 6 months and older must be licensed every calendar year.
2. All dogs must be on leash and under control when off of the owner's property.
3. Dog owners must pick up and dispose of their dog's waste when off of the owner's property.
4. A maximum of 3 dogs per household is allowed.
5. No dog shall be tethered to a stationary object for more than 1 hour at a time. No dog shall be kept in a pen for more than 4 hours at a time. (request dog tethering by-law for complete regulation).